Sunday, December 21, 2008

Always a bridesmaid...



Well Ashley Heather, I think I was cursed when, seven years ago, I with my already married sister decided to sing the song "Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Bride" at the rehearsal dinner when you joined our family. I'm not blaming you as you and I both know my lack prospects is far from fault or placing blame. However I have never felt such parallels in my life to that song from the 1996 hit musical, "I love you, you're perfect, Now change". I'm not complaining, because really being a bridesmaid is a true honor to which I always try and rise to the occasion. As a bridesmaid you are the bride's right hand gal. Yesterday Tyree told her family that the best part about having a bridesmaid and the purpose for that matter, is so she can make decisions that the bride either can't or doesn't want to make. So I spent the better part of Saturday answering these questions; "Okay Am, do you like the chocolate colored tulle quadrupled on the table setting or just doubled?" ...and do you know what, I loved every minute of it. I really should be proficient if or when the time comes to plan my own wedding. I've been involved in five weddings, thrown three bridal showers, and been in two weddings as a bridesmaid, just this year. I only know of one that is definitely happening next year. I love being a Bridesmaid though. I love having the opportunity to make my friends happy and I love being so close to them to see them so happy when that big day arrives.

1 comment:

Madi Marie said...

Sis... you are just so adorable... if you aren't at at least one of my bridal showers... ill kill ya... ok? Ill especially kill you if you aren't at my wedding. Love, sister mads