Saturday, April 14, 2007

Spiders and sisters

On February 24Th, 2007 my brother Benjamin joined the married train. He married Ashley Suzanne Hunsaker. This is a picture of an emotional Amy hugging my big brother.
I Love Ben. He introduced me to a lot in life. We are two years apart and when I was six and he was eight, he defined an improper fraction as the country singer Dolly Parton. You may think that this is unnecessarily vulgar and quite childish, but I will have you know there hasn't been a day since that one that I have not remembered the definition of an improper fraction. I must have been in first grade and I have to say I was leagues ahead of the other children the day we discussed improper fractions when I finally got to the third grade.
Ben also introduced me to my first Boy/Girl party. When I got to the seventh grade Ben and I got involved with the same friends. I vaguely remember him inviting me to a Boy/Girl dance party but I definitively remember standing in our Oklahoman drive way, waiting for a ride, asking him tons of expectation questions. He told me it would be alright and I would eventually get used to it. I had so much fun. Thus began a series of parties with our cherished Oklahoma friends. So Ben really did introduce me to a lot in life.
On a funnier note, a story I will never forget is the live aracnophobic experience. Let me explain. One night Ben and I crept out of our beds, walked down the hall to the family room, and decided we were not going to bed, but rather we would stay up as late as we wanted and watch television. Well there isn't a lot on television at midnight so we ended up watching Arachnophobia, because it was the only movie that was available on TV. I remember watching the entire movie and then walking to my room. Now just to explain the dynamics of our house, my bedroom was connected to the boy's bedroom with a Jack and Jill bathroom. Well when I was scared, I would leave those doors open so that if the monster in my nightmares came to life, I could run to my heroic brother and he would rescue me from whatever dream I was in. This was a special night though, as I went to bed not too scared of spiders, I was lying there and all of the sudden I started to hear this unfamiliar scream. I jumped from my bed ran into Ben's room only to find him screaming under his covers because there was a spider crawling toward him on his wall. Poor kid was traumatized and I'm sure if you asked him he would tell you he hasn't watched Arachnophobia since that night.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley K. said...

Oh how i would love a new post from Amy...........